[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4 remote pickup

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Thu Nov 5 08:43:58 CST 2009

Try reading this "wiki"
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+Pickup

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Antony Stone
Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2009 8:36 AM
To: Asterisk Users' Mailing List
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4 remote pickup

On Thursday 05 November 2009 14:26, Doug Lytle wrote:

> Antony Stone wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I have several Asterisk 1.4.21 machines, each with ISDN cards in them,
> > and Polycom SIP phones on people's desks.
>
> Our offices are pretty much the same.  4 Digit extensions.
>
> In the sip.conf, create a pickup group for the group of phones you want
> to allow to use this feature.

> In your features.conf:
>
> pickupextension = *7
>
> Call comes into 4100, person at 4102 presses *7 and grabs the call.

But in a large office there may be more than one phone ringing at a given
time. It's important that the person picking up the call can specify which
phone they want to answer.

If the magic number were *74100 for someone to pick up ringing extension
4100,
then that would be fine, however if *7 can pick up 4100, 4101 or 4102,
whichever happen to be ringing at the time, that's not the feature we need.

Thanks,

Antony.

--
Users don't know what they want until they see what they get.

                                                     Please reply to the
list;
                                                           please don't CC
me.