[asterisk-users] Cisco SPA3102 Thoughts & Other Recommendations

Joseph syscon780 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 14:44:36 CST 2009

On 11/04/09 15:20, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

>For hardware someone on the IRC channel suggested the Cisco SPA3102 and
>a cordless phone?  This devices appears to be able to register to an
>Asterisk server (there are many related forum and BLOG posts).  Does
>anyone have an opinion for or against this device?  Alternatives.  It is
>important that the device, or handset, be wireless/cordless.  The WiFi
>hub in the vehicle has both WiFi and an ethernet jack.

I have two of these and experience a lot of echo on PSTN line (FXS line works OK).
The echo is almost impossible to get rid of, so test it first before you buy this unit; Google for "SPA3102 echo" and you will notice I'm not the only one.

I'm planning on replacing these units.  I bought Sangoma U100 but have not test it yet; installing the driver is a challenge and on Sangoma web-page
instructions look very clear but reality is different.  Eg. using it with asterisk 1.4 is a problem as zaptel-1.4 has bugs and will not install on Gentoo.

The other day I run onto AG-188N from CIGEAR it looks interesting (price is reasonable) considering it has IAX and SIP in one unit.
http://www.cigear.com/iaxsip-ata-digium-iaxy-s101i-substitute-ag188n-p-1501.html?zenid=213650e26b0b93dbf028a8f326e63089

Anybody experimented with this one?

--
Joseph