[asterisk-users] segfault wall

Josip Djuricic josip.djuricic at voljatel.hr
Wed Nov 4 04:23:16 CST 2009

Hi there

I am constantly running into wall, Asterisk version 1.6.1.6 is segfaulting
if I run more then 10 cps with 10sec call duration with sipp. For example
21cps rate segfaults on invite number 213, but if I use 10cps I have no
problem at all.

So i then tried with 1.6.2.0-rc3 and it can handle a lot more, 21-31 cps
with 10sec call duration, but eventually it also segfaults. I first thought
it was my application that I wrote (radius authorization with ng-radius
library, written in C), but then I removed it from dialplan and same
happens. It just happens faster for version 1.6.2.0-rc3 if I use my
application (also one notification 10cps runs it without problems). Same
application runs indefinetely when used directly from the console. Valgrind
shows no memory leak for it, but I disabled it with make menuselect, and
removed it...still nothing...

I even created simplest possible dialplan and 2 sip extensions to remove
that as a problem...

What do you recommend, any ideas?