[asterisk-users] ring groups with different caller id

Derek Belrose (OMEGABYTE) derek at omegabyte.com
Tue Nov 3 13:02:25 CST 2009

Hello,

I am in need of some assistance.  We are trying to ring a number of SIP
phones as well as cell phones.  The problem is that the SIP phones show the
callerid correctly, we want the cell phones to show callerid of the original
DID that was called.  This is to ensure that the person answering the cell
phone knows how to answer it correctly.

I know I can Set(CALLERID(name)=Some Text) and Set(CALLERID(num)=caller id
of caller) but the cell phones need Set(CALLERID(num)=5555551212).  Is there
a way to ring multiple phones simultaneously but use different caller id
settings depending on the type of phone that is being called?

Thanks,

Derek