[asterisk-users] hardware requirements for asterisk

Hans Witvliet hwit at a-domani.nl
Mon Nov 2 04:20:55 CST 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 09:37 +0000, asterisk at opensourcesolution.in wrote:
> hello friends
>  friend i had just finished my chapters of asterisk. ill be
> configuring asterisk in for home for r/d purpose.  i am having p4
> machine with 1 GB RAM, ill be configuring asterisk on centos 5.3, the
> only doubt which i am having is  which hardware ill have to buy to
> configure asterisk. i think analog card ? plz clear my doubt. n be
> with me from beginning till end, of the journey of asterisk.
> Regards,
> Pawan

Hi Pawan,

It vey much depend on what you expect the box to be handling....
As you wrote: soho + R&D, i presume it will be anoccasional call.

Personally, i would recommend to leave the analogue stuff out of your
PC. (no hassle with pci-slots, shared-IRQ's, PSU, ....)
Leave the handling of analogue-parts to an ATA-box.
Linksys (and others) are making those at reasonable prices (Cheaper than
an analogue card)

hw