[asterisk-users] Forward DID to another server

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Nov 2 02:34:06 CST 2009

On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 12:19:41PM +0530, DHAVAL INDRODIYA wrote:
> hello all,
>
> i have 2 asterisk boxes on that 1 have public IP Address and another is only
> have local IP address
>
> now on public IP there are some 7 DID  forwarded , now i want to forward 3
> DID out of 7 DID to local machine we called server B , I know there are
> DIal , and Switch statement in asterisk ,
>
> but is there any other convenient way to do this. because if call ratio is
> high then my call legs become very long.

You have just one public IP address? Just one IP connection? If both
servers are connected on the same network connection to the internet,
the lag wouldn't matter anyway.

If server B is on a different connection, the provider can technically
forward calls to it once it has been registered. Though this may not
work well with the way this provider works, so this may or may not work.
So you'll have to provide some more specific details if you want to be
more specific.

Proper puctuation and proper separation of paragraphs (rather than
randomly pressing Enter) will also help making your messages look more
readable.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com