[asterisk-users] usage of manager events to create custom reports

nik600 nik600 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 03:53:58 CST 2009

Dear all

due to some custom requirements we are planning to use the manager
events for creating some custom reports.

I've enabled cdr_manager, then in manager.conf i've enabled
timestampevents = yes and in queue.conf eventmemberstatus = yes.

I know that these settings can generate a lot of manager events but
i'm planning to have a very simple application on the Asterisk server
that keep all that events from the manager socket and put them into a
separate file for each call.

To decide when to write the call file i'm planning to wait for the
Hangup event).

So the call-flow in the events listener will be:

1) new event detected
2) check if the event has an Uniqueid information
3) push the event into a stack reserved for Uniqueid
4) if the event if Hangup write the information of the stack reserved
fro Uniqueid and then free memory

I'm planning to write this in php, i think that this code is very
light to be run even after a lot of events because i free memory after
the conclusion of each call.

Then (on a separate server) there will be a re-processing of the file
extracting all the information required from a call.

I'm writing to you just to know:

- what do you think about this kind of approach
- if someone else has done something similar and wants to share his experience
- how much is affordable the events generation excpecially in system
with a high load

Thanks to all for any contribute.

Hi

--