[asterisk-users] Network settings and quality of voice

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Sun May 31 03:32:00 CDT 2009

Hi All;

I discover that there is a relation between voice quality and the network settings and configuration on the Asterisk machine.

For example, in the sip.conf, if I set the localnet=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/yyy.yyy.yyy.zzz wrong, then this will effect on the quality of the voice to certain level, actually the voice will be slow (like slow talking), like robot :)-

I correct the setting and I got a little bit enhance in the voice quality. My questions is:

1) What kind of settings or configuration related to the network that might effect on the voice quality?

2) What kind of settings that will help to better resistance to the internet bandwidth effection (so better voice quality)? I am looking for something that help the voice packet to be manipulated well even if bandwidth effected?

Any experience that can help in this direction?

Regards
Bilal