[asterisk-users] question about reinvite

Alex Samad alex at samad.com.au
Sat May 30 18:16:17 CDT 2009

Hi

My setup is

Internet -> firewall -> asteriskbox
                     -> spa3102a
                     -> spa3102b

the spa's can talk to the firewall directly. The firewall does NAT.
The current asterisk flow for outgoing calls is

phone => spa3102 => asterisk => vsp

and vis versa for inbound calls.

can I use re invite for outbound calls such that the spa3102 ends up
talking directly to the vsp, i believe the firewall will handle it
properly.  But I am guessing i can reinvite on the inbound because all
my 5060 traffic goes back to the asterisk server.

So the question is on the sip.conf [context for spa3102a], can I put
reinvite here and if not where can i put it.

Thanks
Alex