[asterisk-users] Attended transfer and dialplan

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Sat May 30 00:35:59 CDT 2009

2009/5/29 Danny Nicholas <danny at debsinc.com>

>  I’m pretty sure that attended transfer is a “features” function, not a
> dialplan one.

Yes, you're right but do you think there's such a big difference between
both that it shouldn't be easy or even possible to add support of attended
transfer in dialplan ?

What I have in my mind is this :

Today, Dial application M or U options allows macro execution when caller
and callee are connected.
What if this same macro could be also launched during some later events
(like attended transfer) ?
With features.conf, you could then specify :
- how lo launch an attended transfer (which key to type as today),
- if a given "feature" (attended transfer, parking, ...) should be supported
by Dial macro option (for compatibilty, default could be set to none)

and with extension.conf, you could specify :
- which specific treatment (sending UserEvents, launching an external
program, ...) to apply

In this puzzle, if Asterisk could support a few more standard variables like
ATTENDED_TRANSFERER ATTENDED_TRANSFER_TARGET, you would everything to define
and run attended transfers specific logic :

exten => 123,1,Dial(SIP/123,M(mymacro^arg1^arg2))     ; mymacro is launched
upon connection and specified (in features.conf) events

[macro-mymacro]
GotoIf("x${ATTENDED_TRANSFERER}", ....

What about that ?