[asterisk-users] AMI and Originate on 1.6.0.5

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Fri May 29 13:29:49 CDT 2009

On Friday 29 May 2009 11:20:31 am David Backeberg wrote:
> On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 4:22 AM, DHAVAL INDRODIYA
>
> <dhaval.it01034 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > i cannot originate call from AMI interface here are my Originate action
> > Packet
> > Channel: SIP/111
> > where 111 Is my SIP phone number which registered with my asterisk server
> > I can login with this manager User and while trying with above action i
> > got Response: Error
> > Message: Channel Not Specified
>
> You need a destination. SIP/111 needs an @destination to be a complete
> channel name.

i apologize for not being able to get to the right bug # right now, but there
was a manager bug that was fixed in following versions of asterisk.

the patch that does the fix is simple:

http://cvs.fedoraproject.org:80/viewvc/rpms/asterisk/F-10/0016-Fix-a-reversed-
logic-ast_strlen_zero.patch?revision=1.1&view=markup

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E