[asterisk-users] Best Current Release for Long Term Use

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Fri May 29 09:24:02 CDT 2009

I beg to differ with you Jared.  Since I don't have your email, I'll post
this here.  Create this call file.
Channel: DAHDI/g1/5551212
CallerID: SIP/104
MaxRetries: 1
WaitTime: 60
retryTime: 5
Application: playback
Data: /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/you-sound-cute

On my "test" machine using a TDM400P, the playback would occur in a manner
such that the user would only get 50-70 percent of the message.

Changing 5551212 to a cell phone number would create another 5 to 10 percent
loss of message.

Changing DAHDI/g1/5551212 to a local SIP extension would deliver the message
in its entirety.

On my "live" machine (TDM410P), the DAHDI call actually waits for a
connection, then plays the message after a 1/2 second pause, so I STAND
CORRECTED, AT LEAST SORT OF.  The bug is reproducible on the TDM400P but not
TDM410P.

Here is dahdi_cfg from test box
DAHDI Tools Version - 2.1.0.2

DAHDI Version: 2.1.0.3
Echo Canceller(s):
Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 02: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 02)
Channel 03: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 03)
Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 04)

4 channels to configure.

DAHDI_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: No such device or address (6)

Live box
DAHDI Tools Version - 2.1.0.2

DAHDI Version: 2.1.0.3
Echo Canceller(s): MG2
Configuration

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 02: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 02)
Channel 03: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 03)

3 channels to configure.

Setting echocan for channel 1 to mg2
Setting echocan for channel 2 to mg2
Setting echocan for channel 3 to mg2

I'll stand down on this one and await your feedback.