[asterisk-users] Call telco transfer q931

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Fri May 29 08:58:42 CDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-28 at 19:38 -0500, Andres Gomez wrote:
> Please help me, i need transfer a call in asterisk to other telco
> number and free the channel. Can i do with any q931 function?.

Asterisk will automatically attempt a "Two B-channel Transfer" if the
following conditions are met:

1) You must have facilityenable=yes and transfer=yes set in
chan_dahdi.conf for the channels on your PRI

2) The telco switch must have 2BCT turned on for your trunk group. Some
telcos require that you pay extra for this feature, and some refuse to
turn it on at all.

3) For at least one switch type (I don't remember which off the top of
my head), at least *one* of the calls must be inbound from the telco to
your Asterisk box.

--
Jared Smith
Training Manager