[asterisk-users] Best Current Release for Long Term Use

Jimmy Ezell jezell at hmhca.com
Thu May 28 12:49:04 CDT 2009

It has been suggested that I should do my Asterisk tutorial
(http://qvlweb.blogspot.com/2009/04/asterisk-pbx-install-index.html)
using newer software,  OK.

I hope this is not opening a big can of worms, as I am sure there are a
lot of different opinions about this, but:

For a low/no growth company looking for a long term, low maintance,
basic phone system (Calls, Hold, Transfer, Park, Conference), what is
the best stable release of Asterisk to use?

Even worse question to ask, what is the best Linux ditro to run Asterisk
on?

Jimmy Ezell