[asterisk-users] stucked calls in asterisk 1.4

Elliot Otchet elliot.otchet at callingcircles.com
Thu May 28 09:09:49 CDT 2009

Stefan,

I'm not sure if you've considered the underlying hardware, firmware, and device drivers yet, but I was brought in to evaluate a site under heavy load and was able to stabilize things by applying vendor supplied drivers and firmware to the system.

What is the underlying hardware (E.g. Dell PowerEdge 2950 Series 3, HP DL380G5, etc.) and OS distribution?

I've seen plenty of timing issues (and resulting kernel panics) due to outdated firmware or unsupported/inappropriate drivers.  To be clear, in most cases of brand named hardware, these will come from the manufacturer's repository (or website), not the OS distribution's.

For example, if you're on HP hardware with RHEL 5.X, you might want to check HP's website for the latest firmware and kernel modules (e.g. drivers) for your system.

Just a thought.

Regards,

Elliot