[asterisk-users] Domains

Adrian Marsh Adrian.Marsh at ubiquisys.com
Thu May 28 03:48:03 CDT 2009

Thanks Dave and Geraint for the reply,

I'll be really specific:  What does the "realm=" and the "domain=" in
sip.conf actually control??  And how do they relate into Guest INVITE
messages ?

Dave - yes you've got it pretty right:

I'm basically dialling a number (5550) from a sip client to server B and
having the call passed onto server A via guest  INVITE (at least I'm
expecting it to be as a guest, but not so sure that's happening).

If I register (to B) as sip client 2001, call 1 suceeds.  2001 is
defined on server B, but NOT on server A

If I regsiter (to B) as sip client 2000, call 2 fails. 2000 is defined
on both servers.

If I turn on sip set debug ip on server A, I don't see anything
*anything* for the second call.  However a tcpdump does show the
incoming INVITE.

The only obvious difference is that 2000 is actually defined on server
A. So I think that an authentication challenge is happening. If I remove
the definition on server A for client 2000, then the second call behaves
just as the first.

The extensions.conf line for server B is:

Exten =>  5550,1,Dial(5550 at serverA.company.com)

What this is telling me so far, is that if my server gets an INVITE and
the client reports its username as an ID that happens to be defined on
my server, then a challenge will be sent.

Now that makes perfect sense, except in my case server B is acting as an
intermiediatory, and I would of thought that server A would see that
(via the Domain configs) - hence my questions on Domains.

For the time being, I'm ignoring why the debug on Server A shows
nothing, not even the inbound invite on the second call.

Thanks

Adrian