[asterisk-users] SIP Trunk groups

Aurimas Skirgaila a.skirgaila at gmail.com
Wed May 27 17:02:21 CDT 2009

AFAIK, unfortunatelly it's not the same as with ZAP channels where you can
group multiple lines together.
I ended up using slightly modified superdial macro:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Superdial+macro.
if you add new gateway it's not necesarry to edit the macro, just add new
line in dialing context.

[out_via_superdial]
exten =>
s,1,Macro(superdial,IAX2/voip1/${tfnumber},,,,voip,1,yourname,8005551234,voipjet)

exten =>
s,2,Macro(superdial,IAX2/alpeh-com/${tfnumber},,,,voip,1,yourname,8005551234,aleph)
exten =>
s,9,Macro(superdial,IAX2/orange/${tfnumber},,,,voip,1,yourname,8005551234,orange)

On 5/27/09, Mariano Lecuona <mlecuona at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I have 2 GSM to Voip gateways and  probably we will grow up to 4 more
> gateways. I already created a macro to make failover happen between
> gateways, but can imagine that everytime I add a new gateway I will need to
> modify the macro. The initial intention of this macro was to failover
> between different techonolgies.
> So I was hoping to create a Sip Trunk group using the same idea as
> truckgroup under dahdi but for sip trunks.
>
> Is that possible?, have you ever done this before?
>
> My Idea is:
>
> sip_trunk1 = SIP/gateway1
> sip_trunk2 = SIP/gateway2
> sip_trunk3 = SIP/gateway3
>
> gsm_trunkgoup = sip_trunk1 ; sip_trunk2 ; sip_trunk3
>

> [user]
>
> exten = _0.,1,wait()
> exten = _0.,n,Dial(gsm_trunkgoup/${ exten:1},30)
> exten = _0.,n,Hangup
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> --