[asterisk-users] setting CDR values on failed calls

John Regal jregal at gmail.com
Wed May 27 12:24:40 CDT 2009

Hi All,

I am relatively new to Asterisk. I have CDR enabled and successfully writing
to MS SQL server. In my cdr table I am setting the userfield value with a
line in my dialplan.  If a call is placed to an invalid number (e.g.
12125551212), I see a cdr record created, however, my userfield value never
gets set since the call never made it into the context of my dialplan. I am
using AMI with the Originate command to invoke the call. How can I set this
value before the call is actually passed to my voip provider (of whom
quickly responds with "Got SIP response 500 'Service Unavailable' back from
myVoipIPaddress") ?

Thanks in advance