[asterisk-users] stucked calls in asterisk 1.4

Stefan Schmidt sst at sil.at
Wed May 27 08:26:54 CDT 2009

hello

David Backeberg schrieb:
> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 7:32 AM, Stefan Schmidt <sst at sil.at> wrote:
>> i have a problem with stucked or hanging calls in asterisk 1.4.25
>> only appears on this server and not on the routing server. Even if i
>
> I'm confused. So the server where the calls get stuck has both SIP and
> DAHDI/Zaptel channel calls?

There are 3 servers.

Server A call it PBX there are the sip clients connected
Server B call it gateway1 has an Sangoma Card in it
Server C call it gateway2 also has an sangoma Card in it

A call comes from server B or C to server A and then to a client, gets
stucked on Server A when PSTN side hangs up. On server B or C the call
is closed.

This also happens in other direction, if client dials out over Server a
to server b or c to the pstn net.

> And the SIP side of those calls isn't getting hungup?

thats correct.

> It is true that if your server doesn't receive a BYE packet it will
> think that the call is still there. Does your dialplan that attaches
> to the routing server do a hangup at the end of the call?

on the routing server the call is closed every time. There we didnt have
this problem. On this server (B+C) also terminate calls from a ser proxy
and another asterisk server but the call stucks only on server A.

best regards

steve