[asterisk-users] AstDB wildcards

Geoff Lane geoff at gjctech.co.uk
Wed May 27 06:09:50 CDT 2009

Hi All,

I need to use partial matches on the CIDNAME family I have stored in
AstDB. For example, an organisation might have several numbers with
the same area code and the same first few digits:

  1234 567890
  1234 567889
  1234 567824

I'd like to store these (e.g.) as CIDNAME/12345678* (where "*" is a
wildcard) so that I can retrieve the organisation name from
extensions.conf with:
    Set(CALLERID(name)=${DB(cidname/${CALLERID(num)})})

Does AstDB support this (I'm using Asterisk 1.4.22.1)?

I know that I can create a function to iterate backwards through the
number until a partial match is met, but I'd rather use built-in
functionality should it exist.

TIA,

--
Geoff