[asterisk-users] Maximum cable length for analog phone from FXS port

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed May 27 01:46:19 CDT 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 07:52:53PM +0300, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 12:44:26PM -0400, Jon Pounder wrote:
> > Wilton Helm wrote:
> >
> > one thing I missed mentioning about fxs devices - the linksys/sipura
> > ones actually allow you to set line characteristics on the slic inside
> > it. you can vary from the 600ohm default, and tweak gains a bit. Some
> > mix of a capacitive line or different resistance may help. never tried
> > myself but there are a ton of things you can play with.
>
> Any of those are actually important?

For the sake of completeness: try:

  /sbin/modinfo wctdm

or:

  /sbin/modinfo wctdm24xxp

You'll see quite a few parameters, many of which are essentially SLIC
(or DAA, for the FXO port) tweaks.

I suppose that if it were useful, there were already some demand to make
it tweakable (safely. Merely writing an arbitrary value to some register
at some point may or may not be wise). Hence my question.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com