[asterisk-users] Asterisk memory problems

Ikin Wirawan ikin at qorser.com
Wed May 27 01:33:20 CDT 2009

Hi guys, we have the following problem

After putting our Asterisk/PHP application on production, there is one big
problem, ie memory leak after a period of usage (about 20MB after 2 minutes)

There are also two more info that may help:
1) Asterisk consumes 495mb of memory on this production server, while only
42kB on local/development machine
2) agi_ccmain (and other agi scripts) consumes 146mb of memory on
production, while only 32kB on local

Also on local, we do not experience the memory leak (or maybe since the
memory usage itself is small it's hardly noticeable)

The only difference that I am aware of is that on production, DAHDI is
installed

My questions are:
- How come Asterisk, and my PHP/AGI scripts consume so much memory on
production compared to local machines?
- Any idea why there is a memory leak? IAll of the PHP scripts are done
executing, so memory should all be released. Is it a bug on Asterisk?

We are using Asterisk 1.6.0.6 & CentOS 5.2 on production

Any help is kindly appreciated

Sincerely,

--
Ikin Wirawan