[asterisk-users] Call in progress tones

Mikel Lindsaar raasdnil at gmail.com
Tue May 26 19:46:20 CDT 2009

Hello all,

I've played with background and play sounds apps and googled around
and asked the list before to no avail.

Does anyone know of a way to have tones played during the call
progress stage of the call?

We (especially on some international circuits) get up to 5 seconds of
silence before the phone starts ringing or is busy.

I don't want to force "R" on the Dial app as then you can get "ring
ring, ring ring, rin, beep beep beep" when the phone is busy.

What I want is something to play during the call setup or "making
progress" stage of the call.  just a series of beeps about 800ms apart
until the phone call is actually set up... so then you would get
something like "bip, bip, bip, bip, bip, ring ring, ring ring..." for
ringing or "bip, bip, bip, bip, bip, beep, beep, beep..." for busy.

Any ideas?

Mikel