[asterisk-users] Maximum cable length for analog phone from FXS port

asterisk-users at rogg.is asterisk-users at rogg.is
Tue May 26 16:29:11 CDT 2009

Appreciate all your input folks. Much of it very helpful in the greater
context of the initial question.

Thank you for the suggestion of using various wireless devices, but I'm
stuck with fixed wiring since this is a security/emergency phone(s)
installation underground in large tunnels.

Also, switching to VOIP is not really the answer here because then I'm
forced to solve a lot of power, repeaters/switches problems that arise. So
I'm actually worse of than using the analog connections I think.

I do have some control over the wiring/cable chosen for this project but
still forced to find a solution where I can feed the analog "phone line" the
total 3km line distance.

I would love to find a way to do this in the Asterisk context with some sort
of FXS feed, either from Digium (or compatible) hardware or any of the
available ATA boxes. The Sapura box suggestion may be something and I'll
look closer into that as well as continuing to look for other ways to do
this.

tnx!

Baldvin