[asterisk-users] Fax Machines across carrier SIP trunk? General recommendation?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue May 26 15:32:45 CDT 2009

Modem and/or analog passthrough over SIP trunk, not on a LAN?  I
wouldn't bother - it doesn't even work very well on an uncontended LAN
due to excessive jitter, let alone over the Internet or semi-private
Layer 2 cloud product.

T.38 or bust.  The other's fax mileage is measured in gallons per mile,
not miles per gallon.