[asterisk-users] Asterisk and Data Modem

Robert Boardman robb at boardman.me.uk
Tue May 26 12:41:16 CDT 2009

Jon Morgan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have an Asterisk 1.4.21.2 box which uses a 2 port Digium card to bridge
> calls, as follows:
>
> ISDN Provider <---> Span 1(pri_cpe) <---> Span 2(pri_net) <----> Phone
> System
>
> The company that looks after our internal phone system can no longer dial in
> using their data modem in order to maintain the internal phone system.  Is
> there any way we can configure our asterisk to allow them to dial in using
> their modem?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jon.

Hi jon

What system is it?

you need to set the transfer capability

eg
exten => _X.,1,gotoif($[${TRANSFERCAPABILITY}=DIGITAL]?8:)
exten => _X.,2,Noop
exten => _X.,3,ringing
exten => _X.,4,set(CDR(accountcode)=${EXTEN})
exten => _X.,5,Noop
exten => _X.,6,dial(ZAP/g2/${EXTEN},,r)
exten => _X.,7,hangup
exten => _X.,8,Set(CHANNEL(transfercapability)=DIGITAL)
exten => _X.,9,dial(ZAP/g2/${EXTEN})
exten => _X.,n,hangup

Regards
Robb