[asterisk-users] Maximum cable length for analog phone from FXS port

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Tue May 26 10:39:18 CDT 2009

On Tue, 26 May 2009, Danny Nicholas wrote:

> I run my analog telco over cat5, but that's in-house and definitely not 3Km.

Of course - and that is just fine.  If you were running ethernet
signalling over that CAT5 than your 100m limit would apply.  If you were
running gigabit over that same cable its more like 80 feet.  He isn't
asking about ethernet signalling.  As many posts have shown this morning,
the actual length limit for running analog voice and DTMF signalling over
the cable depends on many things that the OP probably has no control over.
YMMV, like most things.