[asterisk-users] Bandwidth management and ADSL router

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Tue May 26 07:34:18 CDT 2009

On Tue, 26 May 2009, bilal ghayyad wrote:

> Hi All;
>
> I discover that most of the voice cutting complain are coming from the
> Internet bandwidth when we are connecting two remote offices togethor
> via Asterisk or any other IP PBX.
>
> Anyone has an idea on a ADSL router that work as ADSL + Bandwidth
> division? So we can resolve the problem of providing a guaranteed
> bandwidth for the voice packets instead of suffering the voice cutting?

Draytek 2800 series routers have adequate traffic management on outgoing
traffic to do a reasonable job. (There is a very little you can do to
shape incoming traffic)

However you need to make sure that the actual Internet connection isn't
where the bottleneck is. Try making calls when you can guarantee that no
other traffic is flowing into/out of each end.

Gordon