[asterisk-users] Domains

Adrian Marsh Adrian.Marsh at ubiquisys.com
Tue May 26 06:14:18 CDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to understand an issue I'm seeing between two Asterisk
servers. I think it has to do with Domain definitions.

Server A), has extension 5550 defined. Has a sip client 2000 defined,
and has guest-invites enabled.

Server B), Dials to server A for any 5550 dialled.  Has sip client 2000
and 2001 defined.

If I register at server B as client 2001, and dial 5550 then the call
works, and is placed through to server As logic successfully.

But if I call in as client 2000, then the call fails, server A shows no
log at all of the call (even a sip set debug ip <ip> showed nothing -
though tcpdump did show the inbound invite).

However if I remove the definition of client 2000 from server A, then
the call succeeds.

So I think that for a defined account server A is wanting to challenge
for a password, even though the inbound call is not a local account -
hence my trying now to understand if and how Asterisk uses Domains.  If
I define a serverA.company.com domain on server A, will it ignore the
challenge for an INVITE coming from server B ??

Thanks

Adrian