[asterisk-users] RDNIS question

Sriram d_r_sriram at hotmail.com
Tue May 26 05:48:55 CDT 2009

Hi

I am a premium voice service provider giving some services on IVR to a Telco X . As my premises is some 10 kms away from that telco , i have taken a PRI connection (30 DID with 1 hunting/pilot number) from telco Y  When a customer of Telco X dials my short code @Rs.6/- per minute his call is forwarded on the PRI connection of telco Y . All this works fine..

Now the problem arises during billing , many customers of Telco X / Telco Z / Telco Y somehow get to know the pilot number of telco Y and they directly dial in (it becomes a local call and not a premium rate) the rsult being i dont get paid for those minutes and am giving the service free virtually ...I tried to solve the problem as follows :

1. If i filter the calls using DNIS - no matter people call short code or my pilot number - the DNIS would always be returned as the pilot number
2. If i filter calls using ANI so that i allow  only customer of Telco X , then eventhough i minimise the damage - but still am not sure if that customer X has dialled short code or long code ?
3. Can RDNIS function help me in anyway ?

this question may sound off-topic but in asterisk is there a way out ?

Rgds
sriram