[asterisk-users] howto store local exchange prefixes ?

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Mon May 25 20:39:30 CDT 2009

Barry L. Kline wrote:

> sean darcy wrote:
>
>> I've looked at the Berkeley DB. That works pretty well, if the exchanges
>> are all stored. But it looks like the exchanges have to be entered 1 by
>> 1 from the CLI. And can only be reviewed, corrected, or deleted from the
>> CLI. I haven't found any simple frontend for the DB.
>
> I do this be writing a dialplan which adds those entries.  The first
> entry checks to see if the DB has been initialized and if so, skips to
> the lookup.  Otherwise it loads each into the database before the
> lookup.  It's very easy to write a quick script to generate the dialplan
> code.
>
> Barry

Maybe I've not explained this correctly. I know, or can look up, the 40+
local exchanges that are local. I can parse the dial EXTEN to determine
the exchange. I can check the exchange against a DB. I want to determine
which exchanges are "local". I do not want to store an exchange dialed
by a user.

How can I store a lot of 3 digit numbers which I then can check against
an EXTEN to determine a local number?

sean