[asterisk-users] FritzBox 7270

Hans Witvliet hwit at a-domani.nl
Mon May 25 16:57:50 CDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-25 at 22:19 +0200, Philipp von Klitzing wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > looks interesting, indeed, but as the O.P. wanted to divert PSTN call,
> > one would need chan_dahdi.so or chan_misdn.so/chan_capi.so (If the
> > hardware of Fritz is capable of it....)
>
> "Divert"-ing is a misleading term in this case. As I said, use the new
> firmware and register Asterisk to the Fritz!Box as "Internet telephone"
> and the OP is ready to go.
>
> http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showpost.php?p=1298093&postcount=202
> http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=184818&

Well, to avoid further confusion, lets check with the O.P. ;-)

So Manoj, which case were you refering to:

case-1:
Incoming VOIP-calls are answered by Fritz, and then forwarded to your
own Asterisk.
(And for outgoing calls, Asterisk uses Fritz as an VOIP-gateway)

case-2
Incoming PSTN/ISDN are answered by Fritz, and then forwarded to your own
Asterisk.
Incoming VOIP-calls are answered by your own Asterisk.

In case-1, Fritz has an ordinairy DSL-modem, and on the lan-side there
is an VOIP-pbx, and a FXS interface for a local phone.

In case-2 Fritz has on the PSTN/ISDN-line an ordinairy DSL-modem,
But also a FXO interface. While on the lan-side there is an VOIP-pbx,
and a FXS interface for a local phone.

AFAICS, case-1 is do-able, but you don't gain anything with it.
case-2 would give you two places for incoming calls (voip & PSTN)
But i wonder if the HW would allow that (no fxo)

If case-2 is feasable, i'll dash-off for an 7270....