[asterisk-users] Placing a MWI on-off call...

eric weaver ecweaver at gmail.com
Mon May 25 16:48:04 CDT 2009

My grateful thanks to whoever can guide me in implementing this...

I have a need to place calls via Asterisk Manager Protocol to a legacy PBX
and twiddle its MWI lights.

By some means I get notified that an MWI light has to be changed.
Via AMP:
1.  Send an ORIGINATE command honking up an incoming port on the PBX via a
TA804.
  a.  I presume that the TA804 should be a SIP channel.  yes/no?
  b. The local extension I have made a pseudo extension that answers and
plays a silent file.  Sensible?

2. loop calling Play_DTMF and maybe silence between, to the SIP channel to
do the digits.
3. Need to sense fast-busy or stutter-dial-tone at this point.  Any
pointers?
4. Hangup said SIP channel.

Thanks in advance, etc.