[asterisk-users] howto store local exchange prefixes ?

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Mon May 25 16:29:12 CDT 2009

The local telco is now going 10 digit dialing even for local (free)
calls which used to be 7 digit. For a while no problem, everyone will
continue to dial 7 digits, and I'll add the area code. But pretty soon
everyone will become used to 10 digits.

There are about 40 3 digit local exchanges. I'd like to store the
exchanges in a database, and use the dialplan to check them. I can
figure that out.

I've looked at the Berkeley DB. That works pretty well, if the exchanges
are all stored. But it looks like the exchanges have to be entered 1 by
1 from the CLI. And can only be reviewed, corrected, or deleted from the
CLI. I haven't found any simple frontend for the DB.

I'd also consider sqlite3, but from the sqlite3 .conf.sample, it's only
for CDR. In any event, I couldn't find a simple frontend. I'd prefer not
to go into mysql etc for such a simple project.

sean