[asterisk-users] Problem running Dahdi

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Mon May 25 09:27:22 CDT 2009

I did run make install, probably 3-4 times before I ended up asking that
question in the mailing list.

Here is the required output: to the first one, "could not find module
dahdi".

To the second, it found dahdi in /lib/modules/2.6.18-128.1.10.el5/dahdi

As for the other questions:

What do you do?
I simply try starting /etc/init.d/dahdi restart

What would you expect to happen?
No Red warnings, for one.  I have another system that I configured awhile
ago, and that starts fine.  I understand I have no hardware loaded, but all
modules load with a green OK.

What actually happens?

FATAL: Module Dahdi not found

[snip] all modules listed as not found [/snip]

Error: missing /dev/dahdi!

What system is this on?
 - What versions of dahdi-linux and dahdi-tools?
Latest as found on asterisk.org, that would be
DAHDI Linux 2.1.0.4
DAHDI Tools 2.1.0.2

 - What distribution? What version?
CentOS, 5.3.  I tried updating all packages before trying again, same
result.

 - What kernel version?
2.6.18-128.1.10.el5