[asterisk-users] FritzBox 7270

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon May 25 09:16:32 CDT 2009

Hi!

> You mean, you want to use the 7270 as an "isdn-ata" ? perhaps i'm
> wrong, but afaics the pbx-part in any DSL-modem works only on the
> ip-stream (wan/lan).

Both 7270 and 7170 now have a new firmware that comes with a SIP proxy.
It is not fully featured yet (no transfer, NAT/Dyndns issues). Apart from
this you can very well use it as a SIP client for both WAN or LAN SIP
registrars already for looong time.

BTW: The 7170 is close to end-of-maintenance, so I am not sure if the new
SIP proxy will receive much attention to fix the bigger issues.

And there's also the D-Link HorstBox PRO, but its ISDN implementation
isn't the best.

Philipp von Klitzing