[asterisk-users] [UK SPECIFIC] DAHDI and a OpenVox Card

Dunc dunc at lemonia.org
Sat May 23 10:02:57 CDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I just found this thread, which is amazing as I'm on my first go with
asterisk and so far I've been pulling my hair out for the last week :-)

I have 2 questions which were raised while this fault was being debugged.

1)

Gordon says:-

 > Is this a place where you get a polarity reversal event on call startup?

In the UK we do. (Well on BT lines - I've a funny feeling some
Telewest/NTL lines use Bell signaling).

On an incoming call we get:

    Polarity reversal.
    FSK Caller ID burst
    Ringing

Well I've got an NTL phone line, can anyone tell me what to use for that?

2)

Do I still need the same 2pin cable? Because I've been to Maplins too
and bought one that I thought was right, but this one is a 4pin too.

Can anyone tell me which pins on their 2pin cable are connected at each
end? I'll bodge my cable until it works and then get a proper one once
I'm sure.

Thanks in advance.

Dunc