[asterisk-users] Can't get G.726 to work.

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Fri May 22 17:44:47 CDT 2009

On Fri, 22 May 2009, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> This is not MeetMe, it's Playback. You specified a filename with '.slin'
> in it to Playback, so then Asterisk attempts to find a filename called
> 'entering-conf-number.slin.<foo>' where <foo> is the possible formats
> that Asterisk could transcode from. Filenames specified to Playback
> should not include the format extension.

The number of times I and others have "forgotten" that Asterisk chooses
the file based on codec and file type availability automagically makes me
wonder if it makes sense to change this so that if the file type (from the
list of known file types based on the formats loaded) is specified, use
it. Otherwise, proceed with the current code.

Thanks in advance,