[asterisk-users] How to stop a background music

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri May 22 17:20:43 CDT 2009

Noel R. Morais wrote:
> But I need a way to actively stop it. Without waiting for user hit a
> DTMF or the background timeout.
>
> Like "StopMusicOnHold()", is there something like "StopBackground()"?

No, because the dialplan does not continue running until Background
either times out or the user presses DTMF that matches an extension in
the context Background was called from. There is no dialplan code
executing while Background is running, so where do you want to be able
to issue this 'StopBackground' command from?

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com