[asterisk-users] Parsing Asterisk's .conf files from Perl, Java or PHP file

Matt Watson matt at mattgwatson.ca
Fri May 22 07:44:25 CDT 2009

There already is a special character to tell asterisk not to parse a line...
its: ";"  that is why the default configuration is completely filled with
lines that start with ;  its considered a comment character to asterisk and
will make it ignore the line... you'd just want to add some extra characters
to your program probably... something that would denote "this is a config
line for script A"

so if you make your lines something like

;A:

then you could have another character for script B that would have lines in
the same file like:

;B:

or w/e... its up to you to determine what characters you'd want to use
beyond the ; to denote config lines for your other programs.

--
Matt