[asterisk-users] Queue and Dial operation - Common Variables?

Kurian Thayil kurianmthayil at gmail.com
Thu May 21 14:18:54 CDT 2009

Hi Lenz,

Here is my objective. Planning to implement queue using Asterisk 1.2.18.
So created a queue named testqueue in queues.conf and then created
agents for this. Now, our actual requirement is to collect the callerid
from the inbound call and search in the DB (customer list) and display
the info in a web-browser. queues_log was able to parse and insert into
MySQL DB. So I have the callerid, queue uniqueid. Now, my challenge is,
for agents logged in, I have to display the information. Now, since
agent logged in via agentCallbackLogin application, they will be getting
call in the context described specqueuestat. And as you can see this is
actually an AGI (agi_qdial.sh) which will dial out to their extension.

It would be good if I can have the agi_uniqueid generated from queue in
agi_qdial.sh. In this way I can relate the two instance generated by
Asterisk, call entering the queue and the agents that are being tried
and can obtain corresponding agents that are tried for.

[inbound]
exten => 9712,1,AGI(agi_queue.sh)

Regards,

Kurian Thayil.