[asterisk-users] PSTN Connection

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Thu May 21 08:25:44 CDT 2009

Manoj Panicker - FOES wrote:

> Hi
>         Which is the best interface card to connect* PSTN* line with
> Asterisk. Can somebody please help. My intention is to route the
> incoming PSTN calls to internal IP Phones through Asterisk and Vice
> versa. The Asterisk is in LAN and is reachable from all the IP phones
> in the LAN.
>
> Thanks
> Manoj

That's a wide open question.  How many lines?  What kind of lines?  What
country are you in?  What options are availible to you?

I only have three incoming lines for a soho Asterisk install.  I decided
on a T1 card and picked up a used channel bank on ebay.  Not the
cheapest way, but it has served me very well.

You are not going to get much help unless you define the problem better.

Lyle Giese
LCR Computer Services, Inc.