[asterisk-users] Jitter buffer question

Ondrej Valousek webserv at s3group.cz
Thu May 21 04:01:08 CDT 2009

Hi List,

I have a question regarding jitterbuffer in Asterisk 1.4.24. I see that
jitterbuffer is only effective on the receiving channels.
My asterisk has only SIP accounts + 2 SIP trunk accounts to our branch
office.
Questions:
1. To enable jitter buffer on SIP channels it seems I have to enable and
force it, right?
2. If I enable and force jitter buffer, Asterisk would always have to
stay in media path to make it function, right? If I am right, this
effectively disables native RTP bridging.
3. Is it possible to only enable jitter buffer on calls where the SIP
trunk is involved? It is no use for me to enable the jitter buffer
between SIP phones on the same LAN.

Many thanks for all answers, I have tried hard to google out them, but
no success so far.
Ondrej