[asterisk-users] Voicemail playback NEWEST first vs. OLDEST first

Karl Fife karlfife at gmail.com
Wed May 20 19:28:19 CDT 2009

Is there a way to make the asterisk voicemail app play back messages in NEWEST FIRST order, instead of OLDEST FIRST?  I see the situation repeatedly where someone needs to dip into their voicemail archive to get something from a recently saved voicemail message, and they have to slog through lots of irrelevant stuff to get there.

I have seen this question come up previously on this list without an answer.  I'm hoping that someone can shed light on how to do it, or confirm that it is NOT currently supported.

I've looked at the new 1.6 voicemail.conf and it doesn't seem have any parameters that speak to that feature, nor an voicemailmain parameter in 1.4 or 1.6.

Can anyone confirm that this is not supported, or enlighten us on how-to?

Many thanks.
-Karl