[asterisk-users] Step-by-Step Asterisk and MeetMe Help

ContactTel Business lists at contacttel.com
Wed May 20 19:00:06 CDT 2009

Many years in telecom  and computer world is around 100 year in real life..
10 years ago i was a millionaire in the dot com boom and 24 years old with a
P2 300 computer.., 20 years ago i was military engineer and running on 3.76
MHz 386's amber screens.. last year it was dual cores, today its quad/opt
cores, and tomorrow morning it's going to be quantum physics/organic
computers and VOIP will be of the past, since Voice over Something else will
arrive.

You can't put a system and let it go for 3-4 years unless you don't have any
growth, ( new drives = new technology , IDE/SATA/ISCSI) new RAM/ NEW CPU/
etc all these need software upgrades eventually..

As far as my personal experience i reformat my desktops /fully, semi
annually, and all servers get a facelift every other month ( new glib for
new freeswitch updates, new ZAP hardware ? then you need new zaptel.. wait
zaptel aka dhadi needs X, X needs Y.. and so on..

Mike

ContacTel.COM