[asterisk-users] Step-by-Step Asterisk and MeetMe Help

Jimmy Ezell jezell at hmhca.com
Wed May 20 16:36:38 CDT 2009

>On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 01:07:25PM -0700, Jimmy Ezell wrote:
>
>> multi-processor machine  ( I had to remember to specify smp
>for the kernel)
>
>I repeat: why bother with such an old system? Really?
>
>Recall the comment from the book. That book had nothing really specific
>to Centos 4. Why do you shoot yourself in the foot by
>installing Centos4
>now?
>
>(not to mention Zaptel)
>
>--
>               Tzafrir Cohen

Tzafrir thanks for the comments.  I am not done playing with this and in the end I may well use newer software as you suggest.

According to wikipedia CentOS 4.7 was released OCT. 2008 (7 months ago) is that really consider that old?  I am looking to setup a phone system that I would hope would not require any major software upgrades for many years.

Jimmy