[asterisk-users] Do I need a SIP Proxy for this?

Jonathan Moore supermegatron at gmail.com
Wed May 20 13:39:34 CDT 2009

I've got an Asterisk server, and several SIP phones behind our router
here.  Things are working just perfectly inside the network, just as
the should.

However, I'm not trying to configure my asterisk server to talk with
SIP services outside our network, once such example is my gizmo
project account.  This isn't working out to well.

Would it be useful to have a SIP proxy outside of my firewall that
then interfaces with both my asterisk server inside the network and
whatever else outside the network?  Or am I trying to find a solution
in all the wrong ways?

So far, voip-info.org and google have told me what I want to doesn't
work, but can't find anything good on what does work.  Much appreciate
your guidance.

-jonathan