[asterisk-users] asterisk memory (issue)

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Wed May 20 11:54:19 CDT 2009

On Wed, 20 May 2009, Deepak wrote:

> Hi, I am running asterisk 1.6.0.5 with a Sangoma A104DE (4 port T1 with Echo
> Cancellation).
> We are using DAHDI.
>

> When I do a top, I see asterisk using up 460MB of VM which is huge compared
> to Asterisk system not using the card.
>
> We also notice a constant decrease in available VM memory size on the system
> as calls are being processed. Is there an issue with implementation of
> DAHDI?
>
> Can someone please point to me if this a known issue w/ Asterisk 1.6.0.5?

I see a constantly growing memory footprint with asterisk 1.2 and zaptel
on analogue cards but with digium & openvox TDM400 cards. I did ask about
it here some time back and got no reply - not even a "we fixed this in
1.4" sort of reply, so these boxes get asterisk restarted once a week.

Only analogue cards though. Nothing with pure VoIP or ISDN2 (mISDN) or
ISDN30 (zaptel)

Gordon