[asterisk-users] inbound SIP funnies

Adrian Marsh Adrian.Marsh at ubiquisys.com
Wed May 20 05:56:56 CDT 2009

Hi,

I've a few working asterisk servers, all seeing the same symptom, but
they are all based on the same configs.

A SIP inbound INVITE message is coming in to an extension  (not a peer)
eg  555 at ourserver.com

A tcpdump clearly shows the INVITE coming in, but asterisk seems to be
ignoring it (theres no reply outbound packet). All the source/dest IPs
and ports look good.

A "sip set debug trace ip <sourceip>"  is blank, showing nothing at all.

The sip.conf default context is incoming_pstn. The incoming_pstn context
is:

[incomming_pstn]

include => local-UK

include => local-US

include => test_numbers

and [test_numbers] includes:

exten => 555,1,Answer(0)                       ; Pick up phone instantly

exten => 555,n,Playback(vq51)         ; Let them know what's going on

exten => 555,n,Playback(vq20)

exten => 555,n,Goto(default,555,3)  ; repeat

So as far as I can tell, we should be accepting the connection and
playing the voicefile (yup - I know this would be open to the internet,
that's the intention).

Sip.conf also has:

allowexternalinvites=yes

allowexternaldomains=yes