[asterisk-users] OT: SIP hardphone with multi-color BLF

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Tue May 19 09:17:06 CDT 2009

On Tue, 19 May 2009, jonas.kellens at telenet.be wrote:

> Gordon,
>
> have you not defined a context [BLF_group] in your extensions.conf ??
> And a subscribecontext in sip.conf ?
>
> The Grandstream documentation does mention this.

Yes.

The relevant hints being what Grandstream suggests, (or close to it), so I
have (extensions.conf)

[BLF]
exten => 200,hint,SIP/200
exten => 201,hint,SIP/201

I didn't say that I added subscribecontext to sip.conf, but I have:
sip.conf:

[200]
subscribecontext=BLF
... etc.

and basically that's that.

> Have you configured the speed dial buttons (to the right of your
> grandstream) or the phone line buttons (to the left of the display) ?

This is a GXP2000 - so it's has 7 speed-dial buttons and BLF LEDs to the
right of the keypad. (and another 56 more on each of the button boxes!) In
the phone GUI, I set the buttons to "Asterisk BLF" and it makes the LEDs
work as BLF indicators and the buttons work as speed dials.

It also has 4 "phone" buttons on-top, but you can't program those with the
GXP2000 - they're line/account keys.

A free bonus is that the phone will also dial the speed-dial number
prefixed with *8, so if you have

   exten => _*8.,1,Pickup(${EXTEN:2})
   exten => _*8.,n,Hangup()

in the diaplan, it can act as a pickup for that extension...

Gordon